Recruiting Challenges Now and Into the Future
Time: 10:00 am PT / 12:00 pm CT / 1:00 pm ET
Presenter: Mitzi Kent, RN, BSN, Partner, Barlow/McCarthy
Cost: Members/Free, Non-members/$99
Recruiting is challenging in any industry but is particularly difficult in healthcare. Provider organizations looking to compete for top talent need to be creative and persistent to attract, engage, convert and retain talented clinicians. This session will walk attendees through the current trends and challenges in provider recruitment today. We will review and discuss:
- The high degree of competitiveness and the need to differentiate to even be considered
- Expectations of the next generation and their reasons for ruling out practice options
- The growing number of visa candidates in key specialties such as primary care
- Why practice fit is more important than compensation for clinician retention
Beyond the challenges, the session will offer recommendations and recruitment performance requirements including the search strategy, team readiness, investments and senior leadership buy-in and support.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand what has changed in recruiting clinicians in today’s volatile healthcare environment.
- List the core elements that clinicians are looking in a position
- Describe how various messages can influence a potential candidate, including what your organization uniquely has to offer.
Mitzi Kent, RN, BSN, is a Partner with Barlow/McCarthy. She offers more than 25 years of progressive healthcare experience working with Fortune 500 companies such as HCA, Gentiva, and LifePoint Health, and has demonstrated business development and recruitment success in both urban and rural markets. Mitzi is an energetic and creative leader who has a proven record of accomplishment in building and motivating national recruitment teams as well as cultivating profitable strategies for long-term success. She is noted for her ability to work with hospital management teams and corporate leaders effectively. Mitzi's experience as a certified sales trainer, has allowed her to approach onboarding of providers through a “red carpet experience” lens and has trained many clients to restructure onboarding to be an extension of the recruitment process leading to outstanding provider retention and loyalty.