Communication Magic: How to Erase Conflicts and Confrontations in Recruitment—And in Your Life!
Time: 10:00 a.m. PT / Noon CT / 1:00 pm ET
Presenter: Judy Rosman, JD, RosmanSearch, Inc
Cost: Members/Free, Non-members/$99
Do you want to learn how to avoid confrontations and resolve conflicts in recruitment…and in your life? This webinar will teach you to successfully handle the conflicts, confrontations, frustrations and disappointments inherent in a recruiting career. How do you tell your CEO or physician lead that you have no candidates for them….and worse, that it is because internal problems are making the position unfillable? What do you say to a candidate whose job offer is revoked because of a bad reference? How do you tell the head of a service line that an important recruitment is being sabotaged by a member of the group? How exactly do you politely get that person who talks way too long off the phone? This webinar will offer strategies that can help ease the painful parts of recruiting, potentially save you from trouble at work, and may even save important relationships in your personal life!
Knowing what to say in difficult situations will ease you through difficult conversations and help you win friends and respect from co-workers, administrators, executives and candidates! Join the fun in learning “Communication Magic!”
Would you like to learn how to perform the following magic tricks?
- Respond to complaints from candidates, physicians, and administrators (and anyone else!) in a way that makes the complainer ALWAYS feel better
- Respond to someone who blames you for things in a way that will make them feel friendly towards you
- Avoid getting into an argument, even when you disagree or you are upset
- Get out of an argument gracefully if you are in one
- Avoid getting drawn into an uncomfortable discussion
- Create positive action when someone has made a mistake or has not followed through with what they were supposed to do
- Interact with someone you just know you won’t or don’t like in a positive way
- Say “no” without upsetting anyone
• End a conversation with a candidate who won’t stop talking, without appearing rude
- Deliver bad news without making the recipient upset with you
- Persuade others to take the actions that must be taken in order to make the recruitment successful
Judy Rosman is President of RosmanSearch, Inc., a recruitment firm specializing in neurosurgery and neurology recruitment, as well as the recruitment of Advanced Practice Providers for neurosurgery and neurology practices. Judy graduated from the University of Virginia Law School, where she had a dual specialty in Tax Law and Health Law and was the recipient of the Charles Frankel Award in Health Law. She worked as an attorney for one of the top law firms in Missouri before relocating to Ohio and starting her own company.
Judy has been a featured speaker at national neurosurgery conferences and at ASPR. She was first author on an article published in Neurosurgery titled “Is There a Shortage of Neurosurgeons in the United States?” which reported the results of the largest workforce study in the history of neurosurgery, which was directed by Judy in order to examine the validity of the current demand guidelines used by hospitals and the federal government for establishing community need for neurosurgery. Judy has also authored book chapters and other articles for a variety of publications geared towards neurosurgeons, neurologists, and recruiters, all about neurosurgery and neurology recruitment, which have been published by the Journal of Medical Practice Management, the AANS, and others.
Judy and the RosmanSearch, Inc. recruitment team represent a wide range of academic institutions as well as community hospitals and independent practices across the United States.
- Internet Connection (Minimum: 56k modem, Recommended: wired ethernet connection or better)
- Adobe Flash Player(many people will already have this installed. If you don't please download it at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP)